You probably are starting to see them more (those 2D barcode boxes). They’re called QR codes. Here’s a few articles about them:
I find this a fascinating area. Imagine a few examples here:
- You want to get a member to opt-in to a program (e.g., auto-refill). You can put a QR code on their invoice.
- You want to offer an educational video about a condition. You can put a QR code on the Rx label.
- You want to get consumers to opt-in to a SMS program. You can put a QR code on a mailing.
- You want to offer a physician access to the clinical studies about a drug. You can fax them some information with QR codes on it.
- You want a patient to learn more about a condition. You could put up DTC materials in the provider’s office with QR codes.
I think you get the point. I expect this will grow rapidly especially as the smart phone market grows and more and more people have cameras in their phones (devices).