I’m excited to deliver my presentation on the topic about the retail pharmacy as the digital medical home tomorrow at the intersection of three CBI conferences – Point of Care Summit, Retail Strategy Summit, and Strategic Distribution Planning for Specialty Products. As always, I’m sharing my slides below via SlideShare, and I’ll set up some tweets to give you the cliff note version.
The key here IMHO is that retailers are best positioned to take advantage of this, but the key points are:
- Why retail pharmacy?
- Retail pharmacies have trust from consumers.
- Easily accessible.
- Pharmacy is the most used benefit.
- What’s the challenge?
- Successfully engaging the consumer.
- Integration with the provider so there are process oriented care gaps.
- What needs to happen?
- Focus on the golden moments for engagement.
- Systemic model for engagement – e.g., Prochaska.
- Tools and skills to motivate the consumer – e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Incentives.